- Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this soapandglory.com website (“Website”) operated by Soap & Glory Limited, a company registered in England & Wales under company number 06436322, whose registered office is at Eight Floor, 6 New Street Square, London EC4A 3AQ (“Soap & Glory” “our”, “we” or “us”).
- These terms and conditions replace all other terms and conditions previously applicable to the use of our Website and/or sale or use of the Products.
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions then you must not use our website. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products or use services from our Website.
You can find information about Soap & Glory on appropriate pages or sections of the Website. Our main trading address is 3 Logan Place, London W8 6QN, United Kingdom. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 with the Information Commissioner.
- The content contained in this Website and these terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time without further notice. If you do not agree to or accept any change to the Website, (including any applicable terms and conditions), please stop using the Website immediately.
- The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner, subject always to these terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Website, you agree to comply with all terms and conditions as modified from time to time, all applicable laws, statutes and regulations relating to the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Nature of our Website
- Unless otherwise specified all content and materials published on our Website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use. The Website should not be for speculation of any kind whatsoever.
- Please note that our Website is available only to entities, persons or individuals that can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. By accessing or using our Website, you warrant to Soap & Glory that, you are legally capable of accessing and using our Website in your country of residence.
- We act in good faith in providing or publishing any guidance or advice, Products on our Website but shall not be responsible for quality of advice, guidance or comments provided or published. You do not have to rely on any guidance or advice on our Website and acknowledge that we have no liability whatsoever to you or any third party with respect to any such material, advice or guidance on the Website. Accordingly, you acknowledge and accept that you assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our Website and use of or reliance on all information, content, guidance or advice contained within it. We promise that any Product we provide to you will be provided with reasonable skill and care.
- The Website is provided on an 'as is' basis.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the Website is accurate and up to date, you acknowledge and agree that Soap & Glory do not give or make any representation or warranty or condition as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of the content or services provided on the Website and disclaim all such representations and warranties or conditions. We make no warranty that the Website will be uninterrupted, free from viruses or error-free or that any defects can be corrected and disclaim all such warranties. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your legal or contractual contract cancellation rights. Your use of the Website is at your own risk.
- You warrant and undertake that you will not use our Website for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
Products on our Website
- We do not guarantee that all products will be available in all countries.
- Products are not displayed or presented as being fit for any particular application or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing by Soap & Glory.
- Any times or dates stated on our Website are estimates only and we do not accept liability for any failure with regard to dates or time.
- The price of any of the products is the price in force at the date and time of your order. We may change the price of any product displayed on our Website at any time.
- Our Website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on our Website if priced, may be incorrectly priced.
- Each of the products on our Website will be subject to the relevant description which may include specific advice or conditions related to that product including, without limitation, terms concerning estimated after-sales service and guarantees. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all product descriptions and prices of products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. All descriptions of products appearing on our Website may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you access or use our Website. We cannot guarantee that the image of a product will be reflected accurately on the Website.
- Every effort is made to verify and substantiate any claims made by Soap & Glory on the Website. Many product claims can also be substantiated by relevant trials, patent applications, research and other evidence. The products offered or promoted on the Website are not medical products. Notwithstanding any third party content or promotional or marketing material, the products may produce different results for different for different users.
YOUR Rights and Our Status
- We respect and preserve your consumer rights. The limitations and exclusions in these terms and conditions do not affect your non-excludable statutory rights, including but not limited to any liability we may have for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for our fraudulent misrepresentation and only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- If you have any complaints, you should direct them to us via email at email@example.com or by post at Soap & Glory Limited, 3 Logan Place, London, W8 6QN, United Kingdom.
Information you provide to us
- You authorise us to use, store or otherwise process any Personal Information which relates to and identifies you, including but not limited to your name and address, to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the Products by us, our partners, successors (including the purchaser of the whole or part of our business), associates, sub-contractors or other third parties (together our ‘Partner Companies’). These Partner Companies may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area and may not have laws to protect your information equivalent to the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. Details of the companies and countries involved in your case will be provided on request. If you would like to request such information or review or modify any part of your personal information then you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must ensure that the Personal Information you provide to us is accurate and complete and that all details you provide to us contain your correct name, address and other requested details.
Website Use Security
- You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of any username, email verification and password that may be given to you or selected by you for use on our Website.
- You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. You must notify Soap & Glory immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding our Website that comes to your attention.
Applicability of Online Materials
- Where content published on the Website is supplied by third parties, you understand that we do not control or endorse such content in any way. All content which is offered by third parties that are not affiliated with or otherwise connected with us, is published in good faith but we do not (to the extent permitted by applicable law) accept responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such content (whether published on or offline) and the use of such content. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our Website and use of all information contained within it.
- We will not be responsible or liable to you for any damage caused by or loss of any content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website including in particular any third party content or comments, photos, product reviews, endorsements, opinions, comments or other testimonials or any other specific online user activities.
- We have used our best endeavours to ensure that our Website complies with the laws of England and Wales. However, we make no representations that the materials on our Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom. Those who visit our Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If use of our Website and/or viewing of it, or use of any material or content on our Website or Products offered through our Website are contrary to or infringe any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to view or use our Website and you must exit immediately. Soap & Glory accepts no liability, to the extent permitted by applicable law, for any costs, losses or damages resulting from or related to the purchase or attempted purchase of the Products by persons in jurisdictions outside the United Kingdom or who are nominees of or trustees for citizens, residents or nationals of other countries.
- We make no representations and give no warranties, express or implied that making the Products available in any particular jurisdiction outside the United Kingdom is permitted under any applicable non-English laws or regulations.
our intellectual property
- You may download material from our Website for the sole purpose of placing an order with Soap & Glory, accessing or using our Website as a resource. However, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from our Website including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent, except where expressly invited to do so.
- Soap & Glory is the proprietor and/or licensee of the "Soap & Glory" trade and brand name, trade mark, the Website and get-up therein. All other trade marks, brand names, product names and titles, copyrights and other intellectual property rights used in this Website are trade and brand names, trade marks, product names, copyrights or other intellectual property rights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Soap & Glory in respect of the use of any of them and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
- We may provide links on our Website to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not.
- You may only link to our Website or our home page with our express consent and written agreement. All linking requests must be sent to email@example.com.
- If you are permitted to link to our Website, you may only do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions.
- When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from Soap & Glory or this Website and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website and Soap & Glory shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other website or resource.
- You accept and acknowledge that Soap & Glory shall do not directly or indirectly recommend or endorse the contents of such websites.
- By accessing such linked external websites, you will be subject to their website terms, data protection and privacy policies or practices and other site content and you are solely responsible for complying with the terms of those sites.
- Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its website administrator or web master.
Availability of our Website and Acceptable Use Policy
- 1. We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our Website, or the content or services available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, any new features including new content and/or the sale or supply of new Products or services and/or the release of new tools or resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
- 2. If you breach these terms and conditions and/or any applicable policies, then your permission to access or use this Website terminates immediately without the necessity of any notice being given to you.
- You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards including as set out in these terms and conditions;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and/or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other Internet connected device.
- You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of these terms and conditions; or
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
(i) any part of our Website;
(ii) any equipment or network on which our Website is stored; or
(iii) any software used in the provision of our Website.
- We may provide interactive services on our Website, including, without limitation: chat rooms, bulletin boards, user comment functionalities, product or service review facilities and any other interactive services on the Website
- We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
CONTENT PROVIDED BY YOU
The following applies to all messages, reviews, emails, bulletin boards postings, ideas, suggestions, photographs, concepts, product names and ideas, taglines and ideas or other material submitted by you to us (‘Content’) on this Website or by email:
- you must own or have the right to submit Content to us and for publication on our Website and all Content submitted by you must be legal, honest, decent and truthful and comply with all applicable laws, regulations, standards and/or codes of practice.
- you must ensure that all Content submitted to us does not infringe the copyright, design, privacy, publicity, data protection, trade mark, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party.
- you must ensure that the Content does not advertise or otherwise solicit for funds or is a solicitation for goods or services.
- Content must:
- be correct;
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Content must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material or promote violence;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety. Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- We have the right to monitor Content and may edit, reject or remove Content if we believe it does not comply with these terms and conditions and, in particular, we reserve the right to block incoming emails and other Content if we believe that their content is or may be inappropriate or otherwise does not comply with the above.
- YOU GRANT US A NON-EXCLUSIVE, PERPETUAL, IRREVOCABLE, ROYALTY FREE, WORLDWIDE LICENCE TO USE, EDIT, TRANSMIT, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM AND PUBLISH ALL CONTENT THAT YOU SUBMIT TO US ON OUR WEBSITE AND IN ALL OTHER MEDIA IN CONNECTION WITH OUR BUSINESS, ADVERTISING, MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AS PRODUCT NAMES AND TAGLINES. SUCH USE MAY INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND LOCATION (e.g. Jane Smith, London) AND BY SUBMITTING CONTENT, YOU IRREVOCABLY CONSENT TO THIS. Rest assured that we will not misrepresent Content you submit by way of reviews or opinions.
- You must comply with the spirit of these terms and conditions as well as the letter. The standards set out in this section apply to each part of any Content as well as to it as a whole.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- We reserve our rights to cease operating this website at any time and without further notice to you or any third party.
- 2. We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of our terms and conditions. When a breach of our terms and conditions has occurred, we may take all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website;
- issue of a warning to you;
- issue legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- take further legal action against you; and
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- 3. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of our terms and conditions.
- The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Notices and Written Communications
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our Website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our Website or any other method notified. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- All notices shall be given:
- to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at is 3 Logan Place, London W8 6QN, United Kingdom; or
- to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us.
- Notice will be deemed received when an email is received in full (or else on the next business day if it is received on a weekend or a public holiday in the place of receipt) or three (3) days after the date of posting.
- In proving the service of any notice by us, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- 1. Except as set out in these terms and conditions, we exclude all other express or implied terms, conditions, warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to any products (including without limitation the Products) on our Website or any information or service provided through our Website.
- 2. Soap & Glory shall not be liable to you for any loss of income, profits, contracts, data or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise in relation to the viewing, use or performance of our Website or its contents. None of Soap & Glory or any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
- 3. If we are liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to the amount paid by you for the Product concerned including the cost charged to you for delivering the Products to you.
- 4. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use our Website and is compatible with our Website. You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from our Website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- 5. Further to the other provisions of this clause and for the avoidance of doubt, we are not responsible for indirect losses consequential loss or damage which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and even if such losses result from a deliberate breach of these terms and conditions by us that would entitle you to terminate any arrangements or contract between us, including but not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of data; or
- waste of management or office time
however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from Soap & Glory negligence or as otherwise expressly provided herein, all other conditions, warranties or legal remedies are excluded to the full extent permissible by applicable law.
- By offering information, products or services via the Website, no solicitation is made by us to any person to use such information, products or services in any jurisdiction where the provision of such information, products or services may be prohibited by law.
- In listing your place of residence and address in our applicable form or subscription, you are representing to us that you are entitled to use this Website and the services without restriction by the laws of your residence or applicable jurisdiction. This is a representation on which we rely prior to granting you access to the Website and use of the Products including participation in any Soap & Glory reviews or forum.
- We may, but you may not, assign, charge, create a trust over, or otherwise encumber, deal in any manner with or transfer or purport to assign or transfer any rights, benefits or interests and/or transfer, sub-contract, novate or delegate any obligations under these terms and conditions, and/or charge or deal in any other manner with these terms and conditions or any of our respective rights or obligations. Any purported assignment, transfer, novation, sub-contracting, delegation, charging or dealing in contravention of this clause shall be ineffective. These terms and conditions are personal to you and are entered into by you for your own benefit and not for the benefit of any third party.
- You acknowledge that you have not entered into this agreement on these terms and conditions in reliance upon any statement, warranty or representation made by us or any other person and you irrevocably and unconditionally waive any rights to claim damages and/or to rescind these terms and conditions by reason of any misrepresentation (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation) that is not contained in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to all documents referred herein.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions or any provisions of any contract between us shall become or be declared or determined illegal, invalid or unenforceable to any extent for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision will to that extent be divisible and severed from the other remaining terms and conditions or provisions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them. The remaining terms, conditions and provisions of such contract shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In respect of matters beyond our reasonable control:
- Soap & Glory will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under an arrangement or contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: Power or equipment failure or unavailability; Supplier or third party delays; Unavailability of raw materials, resources or products and services; Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; Import and export regulation or embargo; Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; or the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under any contract or arrangement is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under any arrangement or contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- Failure or delay by either party enforcing an obligation or exercising a right under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that obligation or right.
- These terms and conditions do not confer any rights on any person or party (other than you and/or us) pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 8. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE ARE GOVERNED BY ENGLISH LAW AND FOR OUR EXCLUSIVE BENEFIT YOU SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE ENGLISH COURTS, WAIVING ANY OBJECTION TO FORUM. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL PREVENT US FROM COMMENCING OR PURSUING PROCEEDINGS IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION, WHETHER CONCURRENTLY OR NOT. THIS IS TO ENABLE US TO CONSIDER OUR POSITION WITH REGARD TO USERS FROM VARIOUS JURISDICTIONS AND TO RESTRICT OUR EXPOSURE TO A MULTIPLICITY OF JURISDICTIONS.