WHAT’S IN YOUR FAVE BATH & BODY HEROES?
15 June 2018
These days, more and more of us are taking an interest in the ingredients used in our beauty products. We’re becoming clued-up ‘skintellectuals’, debating this-acid-versus-that-acid with the kind of enthusiasm our school science teachers could only have dreamed of producing.
But skincare shouldn’t stop at your face! You have skin all over your body that deserves the same level of attention we’re now giving our 10-step K-beauty routines.
As anyone who’s ever slathered themselves head-to-toe in THE RIGHTEOUS BUTTER™ knows, it makes your skin feel AMAZING, but do you know why? Do you know your Vitamin E from your Cocoa Butter? Your Cupuacu Powder from your Macadamia Powder?
If not, don’t sweat it because that’s about to change. We’re taking a closer look at some your fave bath & body heroes to reveal the soaper-star ingredients that help keep skin looking and feeling glowing and GLORY-OUS…
THE RIGHTEOUS BUTTER™ Body Butter
- Shea Butter – a highly effective, natural moisturiser containing fatty acids that are essential for skin nourishment.
- Vitamin E – this powerhouse vitamin helps to protect skin from the daily elements. It is also known for its anti-oxidant properties.
- Rosehip Oil – bursting with vitamins and fatty acids, rosehip oil is a must-have for moisturisation.
SMOOTHIE STAR™ THE BREAKFAST SCRUB™
- Avena Sativa (Oat) – not only does THE BREAKFAST SCRUB™ smell like your delicious morning porridge, it also contains actual oats. Turns out they function as great exfoliators and help to slough off dead skin cells.
- Organic Cupuacu Powder – like the above oats, Cupuacu Powder is also a top-notch exfoliator, and helps to remove dirt and impurities from the skin.
- Shea Butter – with all that scrubbing, you need a good moisturiser to help soothe skin, cue Shea Butter.
SUGAR CRUSH™ Body Lotion
- AHAs – this stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acids. These are used in looooads of skincare products to help improve skin texture, but we thought you might just like smooth skin all over (AMIRIGHT?!)
- Six Skin-Conditioning Oils – because why have 1 when you can have 6? All helping to nourish skin for sylph-like silkiness.
FRUITIGO™ BUTTER YOURSELF™
- Orange Fruit Extract – it’s no secret that oranges are high in Vitamin C, which make them a popular ingredient in beauty products. Applied topically such as in our BUTTER YOURSELF™ Body Cream, it’s like a cold glass of OJ for your skin – super refreshing.
- Coconut Oil – coconut oil has gained a bit of a rep as a ‘buzz ingredient’ in the beauty world, but with good cause. This much-hyped oil is a first-rate skin softener.
SCRUB ‘EM AND LEAVE ‘EM™
- Sea Salt – have you ever noticed how smooth your skin feels when you’ve been for a dip in the sea? That’s because Sea Salt is an excellent exfoliator, and because not all of us are lucky enough to live by the ocean, we’ve popped it in a handy body scrub for you instead.
- Babassu and Jojoba Oil – don’t ask us how to pronounce them, but we can tell you that they’re both fab emollients that do a great job of helping to moisturise and nourish the skin.
Back to Blog
What have you got to say
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *